Coaxial Cold Finger CW1
The software automatically calculates the speed of the rotor to achieve the required shear rate. It also constantly monitors both the bulk oil and cold finger temperatures to ensure they remain within the required parameters.
The rotor is directly driven by a high torque motor enabling testing of even viscous fluids.
The cold finger can be removed for weighing both before and after the test to quantify the deposited wax.
By comparing the amount of deposited wax, it is possible to establish the effectiveness of the inhibitor.
Cold Finger & Rotor
The rotor and cold finger are easily removed for weighing and cleaning.
Cold Finger with Wax Deposits
Typical wax (paraffin) deposition at the end of a test. The cold finger is then removed and re-weighed.
- Bulk oil temperature ranges from ambient to 90°C
- High accuracy cold finger temperature measurement and recording.
- High accuracy bulk oil temperature measurement and recording.
- High accuracy shear rate measurement and recording.
- Fully automated.
- Available as 110V or 240V.
- Cold finger temperature -20°C to 90°C
- Latest, user friendly windows based Techbox software.
- Supplied with high quality Julabo refrigerated water bath.
- Small sample volumes.
- Data saved in Excel compatible format.
- Supplied with a laptop computer with the control software pre-installed.
- Supplied with full instruction manual.
- Directly driven rotor suitable for even viscous fluids which could not be used in a magnetically driven unit.
- Brushless motor for long life.
- Digital speed control giving true shear rate.
- Removable cold finger for weighing.